District 50 School Bells

District 50 was a one room school house located at the present Plum Road between north 80th Road and north 90th Road. Senator Frank Carlson attended District 50 from 1912 to 1913.

The large schoolbell on display in front of the library was used at District 50. Formerly owned by Clifford and Isabell Green, it was donated to the Frank Carlson Library in 1984 by their daughter, Roslita Green Mallia. The tablet on the base reads: "A Memorial to Clifford L. and Isabell Green In Honor of a Good Neighbor Senator Frank Carlson".

Also on display in the Carlson Room is the hand bell of Ms. Lottie Green, Frank Carlson's teacher. The bell was donated by the neice of Ms. Green, Roslita Green Mallia. This bell was used to summon the students back from recess and to bring order in the classroom. The wooden handle is engraved with the word "Liberty".